Saturday, May 11th: CJP Plays the In the Flow Festival!
at Antiquite Maison Privee (2114 P Street). Show starts at 7pm
7pm: Skeleton Wire (GE Stinson, Steuart Liebig and Phillip Greenlief)
8pm: Bad Luck (Seattle)
9pm: Capital Jazz Project
10pm: Thin Air Orchestra (conducted by Tom Djll)
In The Flow Festival Passes are available online at this link: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/374650
The $30 festival pass is good for admission to all of the shows that week, and includes a Festival T shirt. Otherwise, admission is $10 per day.
In The Flow official website: http://www.intheflowsacramento.com
In The Flow on Facebook:
Thursday, January 10th: A Special Set at Antiquite Maison Privee
2114 P Street, Sacramento. 7pm. $10-$15 sliding scale at the door.
CJP will share the bill with the Revival trio w/ special guest Vinny Golia
Vanessa Cruz- drumset
Vinny Golia- reeds
"...a more muscular approach to the style that Bill Frisell touched on with his Intercontinentals."
-Paul Acquaro, freejazz-Stef.blogspot.com
"Fans of both Frisell’s brand of eclectic instrumental guitar recording style and Coltrane’s jazzy and often fiery sense of improvisation will dig where Ross is coming from on his Revival Trio CD"
-Robert Silverstein, mwe3.com
For more information visit www.rosshammond.com and www.vinnygolia.com.
November 9th: Jazz at the Ben
Capital Jazz Project, with guest Lagroo Jafu
7pm Friday, November 9th
Benvenuti Performing Arts Center
4600 Blackrock Dr.
Sacramento, CA 95835
Tickets are: $10, $8 (students and seniors), $15, $13 at the door.
November 11th: CJP at JB's Lounge - New Works!
It's hard to beat hearing fresh new material in an intimate nightclub setting. Join us as we perform adventurous new tunes by McMullen, Robinett, and Kashiwagi.
Sunday, November 11th, 5-8pm, inside the Clarion Inn (formerly the Red Lion Hotel), 1401 Arden Way. For reservations call (916) 723-5517 and press 3
- Joe Gilman has left CJP, due to his crazy busy teaching, performing, and family schedule. We are sad to lose our exceptional pianist and founding member, but we're excited to continue exploring the music in new ways. Joe is still a part of our extended family and we continue to be great friends and collaborators on a variety of projects.
- New big band in town - Joe Gilman, Mike McMullen, and Rick Lotter are members the recently formed Sacramento Jazz Orchestra.
- Joe Gilman performing with jazz great Bobby Hutcherson - CJP pianist Joe Gilman has been playing all over the world with legendary vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson. For more info, check out Joe's web page.
- CJP featured on Capital Public Radio - if you didn't hear them live, you can hear an excellent radio piece on our Bird with Strings concerts. Click here to listen to Paul's KXJZ feature on our recent Ellington with Strings concert.
- CJP Performs at IAJE - Capital Jazz Project performed at the International Association for Jazz Education's annual conference in Long Beach, California in January, 2005. Trumpeter Bobby Shew joined CJP for a set of Clifford Brown music from the CD "A Portrait of Clifford Brown". This was a great chance for jazz musicians and educators from far and wide to check out CJP, as well as vice versa!
- Joe Gilman Wins 2004 Great American Jazz Piano Competition. Congratulations to CJP pianist Joe Gilman, on winning the 2004 Great American Jazz Piano Competition. For 20 years this competition, held in Jacksonville, Florida, has been a proving ground for the world's finest up and coming jazz pianists. Previous winners of this competition have included Marcus Roberts, Lynne Arriale, Deanna Witowski, and Kenny Drew Jr. Other finalists have included such notables as Harry Connick Jr. and Brad Mehldau. The judges for this year's competition included Joe Sample, Bunky Green, Joanne Brackeen, and Marcus Roberts. Read more about Joe.
- CJP Recordings now available at CDBaby. You can now easily buy our recordings online at CDBaby.com. It's quick and easy, plus you can listen to the tracks. Read more about our recordings.
- Joe Gilman's web page
- Bill Cunliffe's website
- Mumbo Gumbo - another musical side of CJP drummer Rick Lotter
- Listen to Paul Conley's KXJZ feature on our recent Ellington with Strings concert
- Listen to the KXJZ feature on our Birth of the Cool concert
- Read the article in the Sacramento Bee on our "Jazz from Other Lands" concert.
- View a list of 100 essential jazz recordings
- Cannonball Adderley bio
- Andrew Speight's website
- Ingrid Jensen's website www.ingridjensen.com
- Read the article on Henry Robinett and our Pat Metheny concert in the Sacramento News and Review
- Read the article on our Sept 11 concert in the Sacramento Bee Listen to Paul Conley's interview with Joe and Mike on KXJZ
- Sutter Creek Theater - a lovely venue for jazz and other music
CJP appreciates the support of SMAC, the California Arts Council, and the Sacramento Bee.
HOME | ABOUT CJP | MAILING LIST | CONCERTS | RECORDINGS | MISSION | CONTACT
Contact at email@example.com or (916)484-8549 for more information...
For website related comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org